Meet ShopBack Button, our browser extension. Reap the benefits of using ShopBack without changing the way you shop. Install ShopBack Button and let it tell you about Cashback and coupons.
How does it work exactly?
Once you’ve installed ShopBack Button, shop online as you normally would. The button will notify you if the store is eligible for Cashback, asking you to Activate Cashback. All you need to do is click or tap on and checkout as usual.
How to install
Download the ShopBack Button for your Chrome browser:
- Click the ShopBack Button extension for Google Chrome. Then, click Add to Chrome.
- We’ll ask again for your permission. Click Add extension to continue.
- Lastly, don’t forget to pin the ShopBack Button to the toolbar so you don’t have to go looking for it.
How to use the ShopBack Button
Here’s an example of how easy it is to use the ShopBack Button on Chrome. Although it won’t be identical on other browsers, it’ll be similar.
- Shop at your favourite store as usual.
- Check for Cashback notifications. ShopBack Button will grow red and prompt you to Activate Cashback.
- Click Activate Cashback. The button will turn green once your Cashback tracking is successfully activated. Don’t forget to read over the Dos and Don’t, as Cashback terms can be different for each store.
- Continue shopping as you would. You’ll notice that the ShopBack Button is now green, which means it’s activated and working!
- When you continue to checkout, we’ll let you know about your Cashback percentage and if there are any codes you can apply.
- Place your order and that’s it! We’ll send you an email to confirm that your Cashback is on the way.
Things to note
Other applications interfering with the ShopBack Button
If your ShopBack Button isn’t working, check out the ShopBack Button not working article for a simple fix.
Safety and data
ShopBack is committed to keeping your information safe. We're also transparent about what kind of information we access, information we collect and why we need it. We only collect the necessary information to either:
- Earn you Cashback.
- Improve our online shopping experience.
The information we access
When we ask you for Read and Change Data permission on Chrome, it’s a standard permission setting for all Chrome extensions. We don’t collect and modify your personal or financial information. The ShopBack Button only accesses the following from the stores and networks you visit:
- Web addresses
This is just to make sure that we can successfully track your orders to earn you Cashback.
The information we collect
We protect your private information in a secure network and we don’t sell any of your information to anyone. We collect the following information:
- Personal information gathered via the registration process, including your name and email address associated with account ID
- URL, website address, store, network, browser cookies to ensure correct Cashback tracking
- Any information that can help us better understand how to improve our services
The information we don’t collect
We can’t access and store the following information:
- Any personal information you don’t share with us on any website
- Any personal information from your email, bank account, debit or credit card shared on other websites
- Any information from your web search history
- Non-ShopBack URLS and cookies