With ShopBack PayLater, pay for your purchase over 3 monthly instalments. No interest or hidden fees, as long as you pay on time. We only charge late fees for overdue payments (with a 2 day grace period) so people don’t abuse this service.
Before you begin: Set up PayLater
You can use any Singapore-issued Visa and Mastercard card for PayLater. We unfortunately don’t accept prepaid cards and e-Wallets. You can also use your available Cashback to offset upcoming payments.
Check out Manage payment methods to learn more about how to set up PayLater for your ShopBack account.
How PayLater works
We’ve created PayLater to help you split a big purchase into 3 manageable instalments. We’ll automatically deduct payments following this schedule:
- 1st instalment: Upfront payment
- 2nd instalment: 30 days from checkout (purchase date + 30 days)
- 3rd instalment: 60 days from checkout (purchase date + 60 days)
Your 2nd and 3rd instalments are automatically deducted from your default card in your ShopBack account. For more information on how the instalments work, check out Understand and manage PayLater instalments.
How to use PayLater
For online purchases
- Browse through stores offering ShopBack PayLater as a payment method in Interest-free PayLater. Look out specifically for stores offering Pay in 3 online.
- Or, if you have a specific store in mind, use the search bar and filter for Pay in 3.
- Once you’ve found just what you’re looking for, continue to checkout as usual. Select ShopBack PayLater as your payment option.
- Confirm the final amount and swipe to pay.
For in-store purchases
- Browse through stores offering ShopBack PayLater as a payment method in Interest-free PayLater. Look out specifically for stores offering Pay in 3 in-store.
- Or, if you have a specific store in mind, use the search bar and filter for Pay in 3. Make sure you’re still browsing for In-Store.
- If you select Adidas, for example, you’ll see all Adidas stores near you offering PayLater.
- Visit the store and shop as usual.
- When you’re at the cashier, tap Scan and scan the QR code to pay.
- If the store has both Pay and PayLater options, you’ll see Pay in 3 and Pay in Full. If not, you’ll see your PayLater schedule. Choose your payment method.
- If everything looks good to go, confirm the final amount and swipe to pay.
Available balance and limits
There is a limit on the PayLater amount you can spend. You can view your spending and remaining balance from your ShopBack account under Available to spend.
A few things to note about your PayLater spending limit:
- Our system calculates the limit by considering a variety of factors.
- The amount will be different for each person.
- The amount can also change over time.
Taking into account laws, regulations, and other internal reviews, you can’t purchase to following using ShopBack PayLater:
- Drugs and substances
- Firearms and ammunition
- Gambling-related items
- Gift cards and certificates
- Electric scooters
This list is not exhaustive. We might make changes to this list to meet regulatory, ethical and risk standards.
Powered by hoolah
hoolah Singapore Pte Ltd (UEN: 201813385Z) has been granted an exemption from holding a licence under the Payment Services Act (PS Act) and is in the middle of obtaining a Major Payment Institution licence under the PS Act with the Monetary Authority of Singapore.