1) What’s the benefit of giving permission for ShopBack to track my activity?
You will be able to see more relevant brands & deals by allowing tracking in your settings, and helping us learn your shopping preferences, and give you more personalized online shopping experiences. We’re delighted that several users of ShopBack have been tapping the ‘Allow Tracking’ button so far, and we hope you have too.
2) Is it safe if my activity being tracked by ShopBack?
We wanted to list out some facts about this transparently, so you can continue to shop and save via ShopBack with confidence:
See more information here:
3) How to change my setting on iOS 14.5 to give permission for ShopBack to track your activity?
At any time, you can change your mind and give or withdraw permission for an app to track your activity.
Go to Privacy settings to see a list of apps that requested to track your activity. On iPhone, go to Settings > Privacy > Tracking.
Tap to turn on permission to track for a specific app.
4) If you've updated to the latest version of Apple's iOS, 14.5, and still haven't seen any privacy pop-ups, it could be because of a setting on your iPhone.
The 'allow apps to request to track' privacy setting is toggled off.
The simplest explanation for not yet seeing the pop-ups boils down to an option in a user's privacy settings.
To check if that's the case, head to the Settings app and scroll down to "privacy." Clicking on "tracking" shows a screen that looks like the image below, with the option to toggle "allow apps to request to track" on or off.
See more information here on Apple support page.
5) Some people have reported that the "allow apps to request to track" option is grayed out, rendering them unable to opt into receiving the notifications.
Apple says on its support page that this will affect users under 18 or devices with child accounts; Apple IDs managed by an educational institution or other organization that limits tracking, and Apple IDs created within the past three days.
See more information here on the Apple support page: If an app asks to track your activity